Friday, October 31, 2008

The New Yard!!!

Toby, Jordan and I were talking about something we could do for my parents to thank them for letting us live there. We went through a lot of ideas and we came up with fixing up their yard. They have this planter right in front of the house with really ugly trees to say the least. This is what it used to look like.
UGLY right? Especially compared to the rest of their property.
Then Toby and Jordan tore everthing out. I have to say that I think that it looks so much better already.
Look I'm a helper!!
Jordan too...
Even Sadie helped. She did a great job.
We had to take out a lot of grass. It was really hard. Luckily I had to go to work and I got home just in time to help with the not-so-hard stuff. Jordan and Toby did such a great job. It was way more work then expected, just like every yard project.
We got a peach tree and some lylac trees for planter. We also got a ton of bushed and ground cover. We should start a new TV show. "Pimp my yard" we did a really good job.
Like I said Toby and Jordan did a great job. Toby is one heck of a worker and he had such great ideas for everything!! He also got Jordan to work the hardest he has in his life. So that was nice for Jordan. Jordan helped out a ton. I don't think that we could have done it without him!
Here is a lame picture of the finished product. I wanted to get a better picture but then it snowed. Utah...grrrr.

We still have 4 or 5 more trees to plant. For Christmas and Fathers Day I would tell my dad that I would get him a tree but we never got to it. So we are making up for it now. My parents want to plant them out in the pasture and block some of it off so the horses don't get them..again it snowed right before we were about to get started on that new project.

No comments:

Post a Comment