Monday, March 2, 2009

Record Time!!

I finished the hardest blanket I have ever made in record time. It was so hard because I had to untwist the yarn every row or so. It sucked but it was worth it and Toby had made me a box for the yarn that really helped. I started the end of December and my goal was the end of February and I finished it February 28th athankyouverymuch! (its all smushed together so that you say it really fast!!)
Sorry these pictures suck but its a good lookin blanket. My favorite part is that my toes don't pop out like most crochet blankets.

This thing is huge. I added about 43 more rows so that Toby could tuck his feet in.
I ran out of yarn like 10 times and bought all of the red yarn from Michael in a 50 mile radius from my apartment. Just to give you an idea it takes about 20 min to do a row. I love it and I definitely want to make another one to perfect this pattern.
Morgan didn't even have to help me that much this time.

3 comments:

  1. Gina, that thing is a masterpiece! And knowing you, I'll bet there isn't a single mistake and that it's perfectly square! Good work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is amazing Gina! It is beautiful and huge! Good work, I'm impressed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! I am seriously impressed! Good for you, SO BIG and so fast too! I bet Toby loves having a blanket that keeps his toes warm!

    ReplyDelete