Friday, April 22, 2011

Brice's Birthday

We were invited to go to the Zoo in February for Brice's birthday.  Sadly Toby couldn't get out of work, but Russell and I went.  I'm always up for a zoo trip. Both families had things to do so we didn't get there until about 4:45, they close the doors at 5.  But once we were in we had plenty of time.  I think that from now on I am going to the zoo late.  It was the best Hogle Zoo trip I have ever been on. There was only 2 other groups there and we rarely saw them so it was like having the zoo all to ourselves.
Morgan and Brice were getting Landon all diapered and bundled.  While we waited me and kids took some pictures.
The older kids were such good little models. Raelin posed herself and Ryker did his best to be like his big sister. (Notice one of his legs is up on the taller part of the rock like Raelin.
I love this picture.  Morgan I think you look so pretty!
Cute little Alain just wondering around by herself.  She was a hard one to keep track of.  She would just go wherever she wanted.
The boys were cranky..it was a little cold.
But I found a way to keep them happy. (notice the cracker!) Look at that smile and that hat. I love that hat.  OH I LOVE him.
One of the best parts was that all the animals were so active.  Every time I have gone to the zoo the animals were hiding especially the tigers.  But today they were so interactive it was awesome.
Sweet little ones.
The Somers Family
The REAL Somers Family.
 (Even Alaina knows how to make a funny face.)
The giraffes were so much fun.  This one was almost playing with us.  It was practically licking Morgan's shoe. We could have pet them but we were both chicken.  We had recently watched a video of two giraffes fighting in the wild.  They swing their heads and bash them into the other giraffe.  It was crazy...but it made us a little nervous to get too close.
Mommy and Russell.  A rare thing to get a picture together.
So this giraffe has his tung up his nose.  Morgan said, "Tell me you caught that." She was so excited when I showed it to her. I think this was the highlight of Morgan's day.
He is just getting so big.  It is so bitter sweet when ever I think about how fast he is growing.
 I tried to get Ryker in this one to get most of the kiddos but he was just not interested.
So sweet. I think these kids like being in front of the camera.
Morgan and Landon looking at the tigers.
So while we were looking at the tigers there was a man there that either worked for the Zoo or just knew a lot about them.  He would tell us all about these tigers.  But the things he was telling us were more about the personalities of the different tigers.  One of the things he told us was that if you started to run alongside the fence this one tiger would run with you.  So guess what Morgan and I did.  We ran, and the tiger followed.  It was so cool.  This picture was the best I could get while I was running...uphill.  That was such an awesome experience.  LAME I know but hey.  When we were telling my dad about this I said that it was so cool to run with the tiger.  He said, "It wouldn't be as fun if there wasn't a fence there."  Oh pappy you crack me up.
A gorilla family.
Look at cute little Landon.  
For some reason it just looks so funny to me when Brice holds Russell.  Maybe because his kids are practicly opposites from Russell.  But it is sweet to see these two together.  I foresee Brice being the ring leader to all these boys.
Ryker took this picture of his beautiful little sister.

Last time we were in the monkey house we could barely move, this time Russel was able to just explore all by himself or in this case sit there and enjoy his cracker.
Then there is Brice feeling at home with his brothers.

I had a lot of fun taking pictures of this family.
Alaina just patiently waiting to get in the car.  Good thing it was an empty parking lot because she was just wondering all over.
It was a great day.  I had such a great time.  Thanks Somers for letting Russell and I come.

Unfortunately when we got back to my parents house my battery died so I don't have any pictures of the birthday dinner, cake or presents.  But we had a great dinner and we had fun just hanging out and looking at the pictures of our trip to the zoo.

No comments:

Post a Comment