Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Father's Day

We decided to give my dad his father's day gift the day before Mother's day.  It was a time sensitive thing and we just couldn't wait.  So here is dad about to put the food on the grill when Toby pulled up.
 I don't think he knew what to do.
 But I think he liked it.  What do you think?
 That is the smile that we are all looking for.
TADA!!
 My dad has needed this for YEARS.  His poor old mower was literally falling apart (the time sensitivity was that he was going to go try and get his old one fixed yet again).  He mows all 3 acres of his property.  So the whole family pitched in to get him THIS (Thanks mom for making this possible) :
 Russell wouldn't get off of it.
 Happy kids playing.
 Toby looking at the manual to see how to turn it on. HAHA these guys were so funny.
 First ride.
 Russell is not one to sit on the side lines now is he.
 He mowed a chunk of the pasture with his old mower just the day before and it took about 45 min.  He easily mowed doubled the amount of grass with his new one in 15 min.  And YES that grass is as tall at the tires if not more.
If you can't tell we got a thumbs up.  It's been almost a month since we got this for him and I think he has only NOT mowed one day.  I wonder if he is going to have withdrawals the week that we are in Cali.

We have been talking about getting my dad a new lawn mower for years and this year we finally did it.  And he won't be getting an other gift for a couple of year.  He is so spoiled.  But he is that best dad EVER and I feel so blessed that I get to have him as my pappy.  He is such a great example to my little family and I love the relationships he has with Toby and Russell.  Russell LOVES his Granddad and it is so special to me that we named Russell after my dad.  Their relationship is truly a special one and it has to do to a lot of time and love my dad gives him.

Happy Father's Day Dad.  We love you SO much.

No comments:

Post a Comment