Saturday, September 4, 2010

The Kolvig's are in Town!

At the end of July Toby's sister Holly and her family were able to come out from Georgia and visit us for about a week and we had such a blast with them.  Holly's kids haven't been camping in the mountains so that was the first thing we did.  The kids got dirty right away and Cameron even fell in the stream.  Hence the underwear.
I asked the boys to make a dam so that we could put the milk in it.  Notice Cameron's undies!! What great sport!
Here is Holly and Dale setting up the tent.
Buff boys!!
Russell loves this Bumbo chair that a friend of ours is letting us borrow.  It really makes camping easier.
Here are the inventive water barriers that Holly made so Cameron's feet don't get bothered by his wet shoes.
Russell already loves his Uncle Dale.  This is Holly and Dale's first nephew.  I don't think anyone could deny that the Kolvig's LOVE Russell.  I don't think that the kids bottom touched a seat the whole time they were here.
Someone was always holding him and he loved it, as you can see.
Holly got really good at getting smiles from him.  Camping was great even though it rained on us and it got a bit cold.  We still had a great time.
Here is Audrey.  She was such a character.
Annalise had her Uncle Toby wrapped around her little finger.  She is so stinking cute!! She wants to come and live with Toby and me.  She also loves baby Russell and will hold him all day long...as long as Toby is near by.

While we were camping we brought up our 4 wheeler and my dad was so kind as to lend us his.  That was so much fun.  I don't think one adult went out without a kid.  We really had a great time.  The only thing I could complain about was maybe the rain and the flies.  I love camping and I really loved having Holly and Dale up in the mountains with us.

Several days later Toby's brother Patrick, who lives in West Jordan, came down and we spent the day with them.  At the end of the day we were in the basement playing games and when we came up we found Audrey and Kelsey (Patrick's little girl who is only a couple of weeks apart in age) COVERED in chocolate. 
Patrick found them first and started to scold his daughter.  Holly said, "HAHA it's not my kid this time"
Well she was wrong.  It was both of them.  Oh it was hilarious.
Oh so funny!
What? It's just chocolate!
With all that chocolate you have to have some milk!
Here are Toby's dad's only grandson's.  How awesome that we got to spend some time with them and get all of these pictures and memories.
Annalise and Russell watching the fireworks for Pioneer day.  Yes gasoline was added again!! Toby Toby Toby.  Cars were nervous to pass the flames that Toby had created!
Holly, Audrey and Russell
Here is the whole gang!
The cousins.
I love Cameron's face in this one.  And I love Annalise's in the one before.
Toby and the gang.  The kids really love their Uncle Toby...well maybe Audrey is not quite convinced yet.
The boys.
Oh I love this.
Annalise is such a pretty girl.
Look at that face...haha I love it.
Grandpa Doug this is for you!! "Grandpa's little allstar"
Sometimes I have to just post a ton of pictures of Russell because I just can't decide which one to use.
Love this face.
Holly, Dale and their only nephew!! Oh how they spoil him!! I love it.
Toby and Annalise 
Smoochie, Smoochie!!
THIS IS THE BEST PICTURE OF THE TRIP!!!!
Grandpa Doug, here are most of your boys!!! I wish we got some of Patrick and his family while Holly was in town.  We could have gotten most of the family in one picture.

Over all successful trip!  Thanks for coming, Kolvig's...come again soon!

1 comment:

  1. Gina and Toby,
    We LOVED our time with you. That trip will be cherished forever. Thank you for posting the pictures. You did a great job journaling. I laughed, I cried, and I aahh'd over the pictures. But I noticed you were in only one of the pics, what is up with that? I know you were busy taking pictures of the crazy in-laws, LOL You need to put some of you up here, I need send you ours, I took a lot of you and Sadie even, cannot forget her the kid's loved her too. I miss you guys so much. I read the post to Annalise and she looked at all the pictures, and now she is sitting here now chanting, "I want to go back to Tobyville!" (It is 3:50 in the morning why is she awake??? But then again why am I awake, LOL.) Now you know she loves her Uncle when she renames the state of Utah to "Tobyville" All our love and hugs and kisses. Enjoy Nana, I miss holding my Nephew ;(

    Holly

    ReplyDelete