Monday, December 6, 2010

Thanksgiving

Landon, Russell, Alaina, Grammy Quinn, Ryker, Raelin
 
"What are you looking at?"
 Aunt Kyle and Uncle Rob
Always the life of the party!
 This was my first day with my camera and Russell was not OK with the attention being diverted to something else...until I started to take lots of pictures of him. 
Kyle, Landon, Grammy Quinn and Alaina
 
 Ryker is such a great little boy.                                 
Love this one. 
The kids really love "Old" Aunt Kyle.

 Oh what a face.
Aunt Morgan tickling Russell. 

This is so "them".  You think they are so nice and normal...but soon their true colors shine through 
 
 Alaina was not even in her normal super cute mood and I still got some of my favorite shots of her.
 Raelin is such an animal. 
 I took so many picture this first day with my new camera.
Oh just look at all the funny faces he is making.  He cracks me up.
 Kyle is such a "nutter'!! But that is why we love her.  I do recall a couple of Thanksgivings ago Morgan and I doing the same thing only with napkin holders...
Grammy Quinn was LOVING being around all of her great grandchildren.  What a blessing!!!
I now have 2, 4 generation pictures.  How cool is that?  Unfortunately I won't be able to get any with my grandfathers.  My dad's dad passed away when I was young and my mom's father passes earlier this year.  Luckily my dad's mom remarried to a WONDERFUL man that we all just love and adore!!!

I didn't get any pictures of the actual holiday because I didn't have my cool camera yet.  But we had 2 Thanksgiving...One on Thursday with Kyle, Rob, Grammy Quinn, Morgan, Brice, Alaina and Landon.  Oh and my parents, Toby and Jordan were there too haha.  We did our normal pie tradition.  We start eating pie for breakfast and didn't stop eating pie until Sunday.  I love pie.  My mom did a great job making her yummy pies.  We only bought 2 pies and we had over 7 pies.  My grandma made a spinach casserole that was a recipe that her mom made.  It was SO GOOD!! I will be making that again soon.

Then Friday we went down to have a feast with Brice's family.  Brice's brother and his family, his mom and dad, and his sister-in-law.  It was a fun group.  Brice's brother's sister-in-law owns a party company so she brought a moon bounce.  We had our party in a church so there was lots of room in the gym.  The kids put on a play and it was hilarious!!  All I can say was WOW good food.  3 different kinds of meat, the best ham I have ever had, home made rolls and just yumminess all around.

We have so much to be thankful for.  Especially with Russell around.  He really is the best thing that has ever happened to us.  He just lights up my life and he helps me grow as a mom and an over all person.  I am so thankful for the gospel in my life and the beauty that it brings.  I am so happy to know that I am a daughter of God and he love me more than I can know.  

No comments:

Post a Comment