Thursday, December 2, 2010

Yellowstone! Whoot Whoot!

A good friend of mine from high school, now lives in Australia with her husband and almost 2 year old boy.  She is visiting her mom, who lives in Yellowstone.  I haven't seen her in about 4 years so Toby and I decided to make the trip up there and visit.  We had such a great time. Amy's mom and step-dad were so great and let us stay with them.  So here are a bunch of pictures, not in any order, or our trip.
Zeric and I looking at the cute pigs.
 First of all Russell did great on the 6 hour ride.  I pumped and gave him a bottle so we didn't have to stop much.  He was a champ.
 Most of our trip consisted or driving.  One of the days we went to Old Faithful.  We missed it by 2 min.  It was going off while we were dressing babies.  It was also way to cold to hang around for it to go off again so we just went for a little walk then headed off for more sight seeing.
 Zeric LOVED to wrestle with Russell.  It was hilarious to watch them play.
 One of the days we went shopping.  Old Navy was a hit.  So may cloths on a great sale.  Unlike in Utah where there are a million kids so the sale stuff doesn't last long.  But when we got back to the house we noticed that we had bought several things that were the same. So the next day is was matchy matchy day for the boys.

 Look at those cute kids.  We get to talk all the time on Skype but it was way better to hang out in person.
 Zeric and Russell wrestling.
 Needless to say Zeric won every time.
 Cute hat huh/  Amy GAVE it to us.  I was/am so excited!! Thanks Amy and Zeric.

 Zeric wrestling with Toby.
 These two became best buds.  While we did all of our driving Toby was in the back with both kids feeding them snacks.  So now there is a bond between these boys and came about with food.


 They got so close.  I didn't even zoom.  Amy had to move the car because they were so close.

 New coat and super cute borrowed hat.
 Amy and Z man all bundles up ready for a little walk in the cold.
 I love being around Amy and Zeric.  Amy is such a good mom and it was so fun to be mom's together.
 The Stark's with their new coats...we forgot to pack some but luckily we really needed them and we love them.  Thanks for no tax in Montana!!
 Sight seeing!
 This place was way cool.  The waterfall was so beautiful and the canyon was HUGE!
 This happens a lot.  The elk just hang out in the yard.  Again no zoom needed here.  They were so close we had to stay on the porch.  Elk can be aggressive.
 The boys chillin getting ready for the day.
 Mammoth Hot Springs....did not smell that good but way cool place.
 The last day that we were there Amy and I noticed that we don't have any pictures of her and I so here is Amy doing the dishes.
 Amy and I would watch movies or Cake Boss at night while the two boys slept.  It was so weird to be hangin out with our KIDS...Kind of a reality check.  It felt like high school again...only we were nursing.  It was weird but GREAT!! Miss you Amy and Zeric.
 The last night I looked over and the boys were sleeping the same.  How cute are they?  I wish Amy could live close.  I think these two could be great friends...any knowing how Amy and I were oh the trouble they could get into together.  Hurry up and move to Utah AMY!!
 Our last night...trying to get some pictures in of us.

 I love this sweet face.
 He is so cute!!
 Some "suga" from Z man.
 He called me Nina.  So cute.. Amy said that after we left he would walk by our room and say, "Nina bebe" LOVE IT.
 Russell exploded almost every time we got in the car. So he got to hang out in a diaper for a bit.  Look how handsome they are.

 I LOVE this new little outfit.  It is so cute.
Sleepy Russell.

Best picture EVER!!!

Needless to say we had a great time.  Toby was such a good sport putting up with babysitting in the back seat and with me and Amy acting like high school girls. But it was great and I miss them.  I wish I could go and visit again.  I miss you guys!!!

(thank you Dixie and Rich for all that you guys did for us. Sorry we don't have any pictures of you guys :(  )

1 comment:

  1. Gina !!!! Oh my gosh this makes me so happy ! i miss you !! but we are driving down to Cali after Christmas !! IN N OUT anyone ?? I miss you

    ReplyDelete