Monday, May 9, 2011

A Beautiful Day

The weather here in Utah has been so crazy.  One day it will be almost a blizzard outside then the next day it's shorts, t-shirt, lunch out on the grass kind of day.  So one of the GREAT warm days was the one after our pilot peak trip.  It was fun to come home from church to have my sister and her family all here to play.  The kids wanted to ride the horses.  Now I think I have posted about the horses before and how they are barn sour (really grumpy by being handled by humans.)  Brice grew up with horses and feels really comfortable working with them.  So he got the kids all set up for some bare back riding.
The rest of us watched and played in the sun.
When you don't know Alaina as well as I do I find it really hard to capture her cutness on camera.  So when I look at a picture I think it is WAY cute because I can see what she was doing when I was taking the picture.  But I find that that pictures don't do her any justice.
Here she is wearing a kitchen towel skirt her mom made.  She looks like a little pilgrim.
She was the first one to want to ride the horses.  She is fearless. I love it.

She LOVES her daddy.
Ryker was next. Here is Brice teaching Ryker how to turn around.
Ryker was a natural. 
He handled this situation like a pro.
So proud to be riding all by himself.

 Then it was Raelin's turn.
Brice teaching her how to steer. 
She got the hang of it nice and fast.






Granddad hangin with Landon.



I guess Alaina got thirsty.  
Here is Sadie and Cody playing.
Last Halloween Toby and I got this coat for Sadie so she could be an eskimo but it was WAY to small. (Not sure what we were thinking.)  So we gave it to Cody.  It was so funny to see him running around with it on.
It was a great day!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment