Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Random California

Here is more from the California trip.  About everyother night there was a BBQ.  Lots of socializing and fun.  So here are pictures of what we were up to at Jesse's house and the BBQ's.
 Russell loves being outside and Jesse has a great backyard.  Russell was not a fan of the chickens after he got pecked.  But he was still so curious of them.  I can't wait to get chickens!!!
Sleepy kids. 
So sweet.
 So I have said before how Russell had a hard time with naps while we were in Cali.  Well him falling asleep at random times in our arms was a common thing.  I felt so bad! I think my mom kinda liked it though. He is so wiggly now of days that having some cuddle time is rare so we all took advantage of it.
 Russell and I at Jesse's BBQ.
 
 Chelsea with her neice at Jesse's BBQ.
There were so many kids there (I think 10 or 11...most of them under 3).
 Morgan got a hold of my camera....
Not that I am complaining.  So cute.
 I LOVE this picture.  Look at Raelin's face!!!  HAHAHA cracks me up.  If you can't see it just click on the picture and it should get bigger.  It is worth it.
 This is Mona and Carmen.  Mona was Jesse and Carmen's awesome "roommate"  they had a building out back that she lived in but she shared the kitchen and bathroom with them.  She was so great to have around.  She also donated her room for a night so we could fit even more people there.  She is so great!  Thanks Mona.  It was great to meet you.
 More of Jesse's BBQ.  There was so many great people there!!


 Jesse and Mona's nephew (so cute) building a fire.  Good thing Jesse just graduated from the fire academy.
 Asher and his (if you can't tell) adorable daughter Mira!! Love them both so much.
 This was a daily thing at Jesse's.  The kids loved feeding the chicken.  Oh and you can see Russell's and my tent in the background.
 Oh this was so funny.  I have a ton of picture of this game of tug of war.  
 Lady does so great with the kids.
Alaina finally got it from Lady but she walked across the whole yard and just dropped it.  I was cracking up.
For some reason I didn't get a lot of pictures of Kyle's BBQ.  But here is Russell with the snake cage.  We had such yummy food and Kyle's house is in the most beautiful place.  OH and her garden is gorgous!!!  I has such a great time and I really didn't want to leave.  Thank you so much Kyle for opening your house to us.  It was so great to spend time with you.
Here is Landon helping my cousin Tyler change his oil.  Like father like son. (Brice likes to work on cars.)  So cute.  This was at Ashers house where we had the final BBQ.
 I LOVE Raelin's love for reading.  All the kids were playing around and she found a quiet room to read.
I feel like all Russell did on this trip was sleep.  I wish Toby was there to help.  I think he would have done better if daddy was around.  I could tell that Russell really missed Toby.  One of the ways was that whenever Granddad was around he would want him (this is something that Russell would do when Toby is out of town at home).  Not that Russell doesn't want Granddad when Toby is around.  It's just that Russell needed some kind of replacement and that usually means Granddad.
 Beautiful Chelsea!!
When we got back to Jesse's after Asher's BBQ Russell was a little more awake and Auntie Carmen was so helpful to help him eat some fresh eggs.  I love all the visiting that we got to while we were there.  We were able to get past the whole "what have you been up to?" and actually got to do more bonding with the friends and family that were around the whole week!! It was great.

No comments:

Post a Comment