Friday, September 19, 2008

Sadie and Lady!

Toby and I are so protective of our little girl. We didn't think it was that bad until Jesse and his dog Lady moved in. We watched him and we thought, "Man he is a worry wart!" But it also made us notice that we might be worse then he is. So now we all just embrace it and totally obsess over our little girls. Jesse and I went to Morgans house to get her big dog house that they made. On the way home we didn't tie Sadie down to the truck and I was worse then a mother on her kids first day in Kindergarten. Man I was watching constantly, we were on the freeway...she has never done that before. She had BOTH of her paws up on the edge and her balance is not very good, not to mention that she is the hoppiest little thing you have ever seen. So she was up there hopping all over not very stable. She was not liking being out there either so she was barking a lot. At one point I opened my window to tell her to stop barking and she freaked out and tried to get to me and man was I a mess. "NO NO NO NO get back get back" Jesse was totally making fun of me. But that was horrible. Man my stomach was in knots the whole ride home. Then Jesse and talked about how protective we are with you dogs. Like when he sent Lady on the airplane with out him. He was freaking out. That made me feel like less of a freak. I didn't think that you were supposed to have feeling like this for a dog.

2 comments:

  1. Gina, your dog is like your baby for the moment. I know we have strong feelings for our dog at home. Just ask any member of our family. We would probably rather lose a finger, than her. All is well, you are definitley not alone. This is only natural. Why else would the phrase be "mans best friend"?

    ReplyDelete
  2. We have a little 5 month old puppy and he is totally our son. I totally understand how you feel. I am constantly worried about him and taking care of him. And your dog is so cute! Love the pictures.

    ReplyDelete