Monday, October 17, 2011

APPLES!!

I have an apple tree!!
 I got a call from Angel about a week ago.  She was up in the area and wanted to come pick some apples.
 Here is Liam picking.  He is going to be a hear breaker!
 Angel way up in the tree taking care of business.
Then we made applesauce! It was really exciting.  They spent the whole day with me making applesauce.  Angel had one baby and I had the other.  I wish I got a picture of us in the kitchen with the two sweet ones strapped in the carriers.  It was so great to have a baby to hold.  It was a blast.  It was such a great day.   I don't know why I don't get pictures of the two little girls.  I really had such a great day with the Somers.

 It inspired me to try and find lots of things to make with apples.  I tried apple cinnamon muffins, and yesterday I attempted apple pie.  The thing that was intimidating was the crust, but they turned out pretty good if I do say so myself.  I felt so accomplished.  I didn't do a good job with the decoration of the crust but hey it tastes good.  
I also made lemon meringue pie.  I was a busy girl yesterday and I am proud too.  WAHOO!  Now I am obsessed with cute pie pans.  I might need to go to a self help class.  But hey my neighbors are sure happy about all the pie making!

P.S. Toby is not a fan or apple pie, neither is Keith but they both said that it was the best apple pie they have ever had...A-thankyou!!

No comments:

Post a Comment