Friday, October 14, 2011

My birthday!!!

I don't know what is happening to me.  This is the second year in a row that I didn't do anything big for my birthday.  This year was good but lacked the sparkle and pizzazz and not to mention the pinata.
My sweet mama made me cinnamon roll's and brought them over the night before.  Here is Russell having a super sugar fest.  We ate most of them that night because they were fresh out of the oven and we couldn't resist. 
 Russell desperately needed a bath but I was to lazy to give him one so we compromised. SINK BATH!
The day of my birthday was like most days only my mom watched Russell after school was over.  Then I went to work with Toby.  He had a light day so we got to go to dinner.  YUMMY!!

Then that Saturday we had a BBQ at our house.  
 This is the ramp Raelin made to get up in the apple tree better.  She is so creative.
 Before people could come over we had to get the deck usable.  So Toby and I worked hard to get the trex down.  Russell really wanted to help.  He would actually get mad if we didn't let him.

Brice and the kids came over early.  Brice and helped Toby decided to make the stairs.  I was not expecting the stairs to get done!  Happy Birthday to me!  I have stairs.  I now have a functional deck.  Brice's brother William and his wife Angel with their kids (Liam and the two new ones 1 month old Elsie and Emmy) came too.  So great to have them.  Just with family it was a crowd.  So we all had dinner and cake.  We puzzeld and played games.  The down side was the BYU Utah game.  Everyone here that graduated from college all went to BYU.  
 Here is my cake.  Morgan makes my cakes every year.  I told her that I wanted a zebra dolphin cake.  I was meaning a cake the shape of a dolphin with the cake inside that was striped.  My friend Dresden made a cake like that last week.  This is what she came up with.  It was zebra inside too.
 Poor Russell was so tired and worn out.  There was lots of people and things going on all day.
Here is Morgan showing me my cake.  It was a simple birthday but it was still great (even though I didn't have a pinata.  I was so happy to have everyone there.  And I have to say it is really weird to be 25.  I don't feel like I have aged for about 7 years now.  I still have a hard time wrapping my head around the fact that I have a kid.  I am in trouble.

1 comment:

  1. what!? how did i not know it was your birthday? happy birthday gina!! i personally think the best birthdays are the little ones...awesome cake, too!

    ReplyDelete