Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Russell's Baby Blessing and Ruth's Visit

Russell was blessed on May 30th by Toby. We had a great day planned out, Blessing, lunch and visiting with some great people. Toby's mom (Ruth was able to come, but she flew in Sat and flew out Monday. We were sad that is was such a short trip but we were really glad that she could come.
Toby gave the most AMAZING blessing. I am so sad that I can't remember every word. All I know is that I was crying and it was perfect. That little boy is something special.

So here we are right before the blessing.
After the blessing we had lunch at our place. Sadly I didn't get very many pictures of it. But here is a good friend of mine, Demetrius and his wife Audrey. I was so glad that they could come. We had some great food (thanks Ruth for all your help, and thanks mom for you AMAZING cupcakes)
Toby's brother Patrick and his family were able to be there. It was so nice to have so much of Toby's family there. I love getting together with people I haven't seen in a while. Thanks to everyone who came it sure made it really special.
Angel and Russell. She makes me feel like my kid is the cutest thing on the planet. (even thought I bet her little boy is the cutest)
After everyone left (except Morgan, Brice, William and Angel and that comes with them) we played on the wii and we played some ping pong. So much fun. But what a long, busy but great day.
Russell and Nana.
Monday morning before Ruth had to leave we took a walk up the canyon. What a great walk it was.
All of us on our walk. Thanks stranger camping!
What an amazing weekend. It was a lot of work but it was well worth it. To be able to bless my boy and have so much love around him was just amazing. It proved that not going to Canada this summer was the right decision.

(P.S. if you get a chance to have one of my mom's cupcakes get as many as you can oh they are so good. I could really go for a dozen right now...if I have enough milk.)

No comments:

Post a Comment