Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Landon and Ryker's Birthday

Landon is ONE!! Holy crap.  I just love how different he is from Russell.  In the afternoon for Landon's birthday we went to the splash pad.  So here are some pictures of our time there.
Landon wasn't scared at all.  He loved every minute of the water.  One of the many differences between Landon and Russell.
Russell took a while to warm up to the water.  Actually it took a long time.  Morgan brought some snacks and for some reason Russell liked apples that day and just carried it around everywhere and took little Russell bits every now and again.  Weird choice for a security blanket but I am not complaining.
This was later in the afternoon.  Before Russell would never have gotten this close to the water.  But like I said Landon LOVED it, so did Alaina.  She is on the right in the pink bathing suit.
He is not walking yet but he will stand.  It made for some great pictures.  Which I have lots of.  
At one point Alaina just grabbed Russell's hand and started dragging him through the water.  He was trying so hard to pull away but he never fussed.  So I guess he was ok with it.  That is how he got comfortable with the water.  Alain was so sweet.  "Come on Russell" she would say as she pulled him along.  There was a bunch of kids there and at one point one of the kids tried to walk between the two of them and they both just looked at the kid.  Alaina tightened her grip on Russell's hand.  They stood there for a couple of long seconds and then the kid just went around.  Alaina looked so pleased.  It was SO funny.
She has really started to be interested in playing with Russell.  It is more of a "take care of the baby" kind of playing but he is able to keep up more and more.  So fun for me as mom to see them together.
Thanks Alaina for dragging him through the water so I could get these great pictures!!!  Russell also spent his time taking people's shoes.  All I could figure is that he was cleaning up.  Kids would leave their shoes by the water and he would pick them up and head for the grass.  Man some people's kids.
I guess my pictures got all jumbled because this was at the beginning of the day.  Landon was so ready to get wet.
Alaina is standing above a water fountain and it is shooting up her shorts.
This was at the beginning when Russell didn't want anything to do with the water but wanted to be with Aunt Morgan.  Look at Landon hahaha.
This is our little group.  Morgan and Brice with their kiddos.  Marcos and Noel are some great friends that joined us.  Marcos and Brice were in school together and they now live down the street from them.  They have 2 girls that were a blast to have around.  Their oldest was playing mommy, making sure the kids all had fun.
I guess Morgan's kids like to have water shot up their bums!! Haha  This is a happy face by the way.
Landon trying to drink the water.
And he liked it splashing in his face.  He is so happy!
 The girls getting warm.  And Alaina in her true fashion.  That girl is always naked.
I had to put this up to show how different they are yet there isn't much difference in the height.  She is tall and slender and he is tall and tankish.  She looks like she is modeling. 
After the splash pad we went back to Morgan's house and we played on the new zip line they put up.
Russell found Brice's tools.  That kid loves tools!!
Here is Raelin going down the zip line.  If you listen carefully you can here her say "Oh come on!"  It is so funny.  I have a video of her going all the way down without touching her feet to the ground but this one was so much more funny!

Now for Ryker's Birthday
He had a 4th of July birthday.  Which means that he had his party on the 4th of July and there was fireworks!  So here is his cake.
The shirt Toby and I got him.  It is from Santa Cruz.  I saw it while we were out there and I thought of Ryker.  So I planed ahead and got it for him while I was out there.  Then there is Ryker loving his cake.
Such a happy little birthday boy.
His poor eye.  He just woke up from his nap with his eye like that.  But he was regular Ryker about it was thought it was funny.
On the day of his real birthday (July 7th) we spent the day at the Lindon pool.  Awesome pool by the way.  I can't wait to go back.  Then we came back to my house for dinner.  Crab legs and fajitas.  YUMMY!
I made Ryker a cake and he wanted one round and one square.  I'll admit I thought it would turn out better then it did.  I don't even think it tasted that good.

Happy Birthday Boys!!

No comments:

Post a Comment