Tuesday, August 9, 2011

New House

FINALLY!! Here are pictures of our new house.  We love it here.  It is fitting us so well.
The front yard.   There is more yard on both sides.  And there are lots of mature trees that provide so much shad for the house and yard.  We also have (well we think) 2 and a half peach trees in the front.  They need a lot of love but we are happy to provide it.  We did a lot of work to get the trees look this good.
Back yard.  The big tree in the middle is a cherry tree where we enjoyed lots of delicious cherries already!!  That whole thing is not a cherry tree there is another tree right behind it and they are kind of intertwined.  We are excited for fall to fix that.
The yard goes all the way back.  There is a shed that kinda marks the very back of the yard.  Lots of room and we love it.  We have so many ideas of what we could do back there.  There already is a fire pit.  But the dogs love all the space.  I really want to get a great garden set up for next summer and then also we now have plenty of space for chickens!!!!!!  So excited for that.  Also the tree to the left that is shooting straight up is an apple tree.  Another tree that needs some love that we can't wait to give.
Here is the deck that Toby is going to redo.  I am SO excited to get that done.  It makes the back yard not very safe for kids.  When we are out there Russell just wants to climb the stairs.  He has already almost fallen off once so we don't hang out back there much.  I am so excited that the lumber showed up today so we can get started!!  BBQ time!
Master.  Wow it looks so small in this picture.  It is actually quit big.
Part of the bathroom.  Can I just tell you how happy I am to have my bathroom right next to my room.  Oh I have missed that!! I am in heaven.
Russell's room.  Again it looks so much smaller then it really is.  His room is a great size.  I can't wait until I can get it all decorated.  Then to the right is Keith's room.  His room is a little smaller then Russell's but I think that these room's are a great size.
The office.  Just today I finished unpacking (for the most part).  It is good enough for a while.  But it is so nice to have space for everything officy.
Breakfast nooky thing.
Kitchen.  The stove and more cabinets and counter are to the left behind that little wall.  The dishwasher really sucks and we already replaced the faucet.  Also Toby fixed an outlet that wasn't working.  I love having a handy husband.
"Dining room"  aka Russell's play area.
Toby just got that "big bag" the other day.  He got it from work and it is actually really fun.  Russell right now is having a blast climbing all over it.
Laundry room with my wonderful washer and dryer.  My husband surprised me with them.  SO happy to have my own.  I don't mind doing laundry with these babies...speaking of which I should get the stuff out of the dryer!
The other half of the laundry room.  Ya I know.  How awesome is this.  I almost feel bad that I am not crafty because I know that crafty people would love to have this room.  But I still find the space WONDERFUL!
This is a favorite!! LAUNDRY SHOOT.  Right next to the kitchen.  This makes it great for dirty kid cloths, dirty Toby cloths and kitchen towels.  Not so great for when kids just like to through anything down there.  One day after my sister and her kids were over I found water bottles and chocolate chips.  I thought it was weird that they got a hold of chocolate chips and instead of eating them they through them down the laundry shoot.  HAHAHA!
Basement.  The deck makes a great covered area for the dogs.  That is what is outside the sliding doors there.
Most of this stuff is going to go into the garage but we have to organize that first.  So this is the catch all for right now.  We are hoping to make it into a play room with all bean bag chairs so there is one less thing for kids to break.

There is another room and a great bathroom but I didn't feel a need to take a picture of them because they are empty.
So this door is further down in the basement and probably my favorite part of the house.
Check out the storage we have.  It is so big too.  All of our stuff can fit down here.  It is great.  So the garage can stay empty and clean and all this stuff is organized.

So that is the house.  I don't think we could be happier.  I just can't wait for the deck to be done!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment